MEMBERSHIP IN CARLSBAD ANS
MEMBERSHIP TO ANS NATIONAL
All nuclear science and technology fields benefit from ANS' activities and programs. Individual ANS members can take advantage of numerous opportunities to achieve personal career objectives and professional growth; they can also influence the Society's activities and attitudes, and ultimately, public opinion.
As a member, you can directly influence the future of nuclear through ANS standards development, public information efforts, paper presentations, meeting organization and attendance, and committee and steering group participation. ANS membership provides opportunities for professional expression and recognition and gives you the chance to mix with all levels of the nuclear community through the ANS national organization, 51 U.S. and nine non-U.S. local sections, and 24 plant branches and 34 student sections.
ANS members are issued a convenient ANS ID card that includes their membership ID#, plus important headquarters contact information.
Membership benefits include:
- Nuclear News magazine, providing you every month with the latest worldwide developments in the nuclear field, plus exclusive interviews with the movers and shakers shaping the profession. The renowned Nuclear News Buyer's Guide is also published and distributed to members yearly.
- ANS News, reporting bi-monthly on the activities of the Society, including public outreach, position statements and honors and awards, plus providing news about members.
- Nuclear Headlines, links to nuclear-related news coverage updated every 15 minutes from 25,000 global sources.
- Access to the Career Center in the Members section of the ANS web site, where open positions are posted and you can store your résumés.
- Access to the Members section with its content exclusive to members, including the ANS member directory.
- Membership in at least two ANS divisions, providing you with information and networking opportunities in your areas of specialty.
- Volunteer opportunities to express your viewpoints and enhance your career.
- Representation with regulators and legislators on behalf of the nuclear community.
- Substantial savings over the non-member registration fee at ANS meetings (the difference could pay for your membership).
- Discounts on the Society's Standards, three technical journals (Nuclear Science and Engineering, Nuclear Technology, and Fusion Science and Technology), Radwaste Solutions magazine, books, and other publications.
- Group rate insurance plans
- ANS credit card that helps support the Outreach activities of the Society.
- Various honors and awards and scholarships.